Experienced ILLINOIS Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
& CHICAGO Injury Lawyers
- Labor and Employment
Josh File joined the Labor and Employment practice of Katz, Friedman in 2011. Prior to becoming an associate, Josh worked as a law clerk with the firm in both the Workers' Compensation and Labor and Employment practices throughout his three years of law school.
Josh earned his Juris Doctor from DePaul University, College of Law in 2011, where he graduated with a certificate in Business Law and was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Litigation Strategies. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs from Indiana University in 2007, where he graduated with a major in Legal Studies and a minor in Business Management.
Josh is a member of the Illinois Bar and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
In his free time, Josh enjoys playing racquetball, softball, hockey and cheering for his favorite sports teams, The New York Yankees and New York Rangers.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2011
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Litigation Strategies
- Major: Business Law
- Indiana University
- Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs - 2007
- Major: Legal Studies
- Minor: Business Management
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association’s Young Lawyers' Division Committee for Labor and Employment Law
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Illinois Public Sector Labor Law Conference for Continuing Legal Education, IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law