Christopher J. Johnson
Toll Free: 800-444-1525
77 W Washington St 20th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Christopher Johnson has spent a significant part of his career obtaining compensation for the accidents suffered by workers on the job. He has litigated across the State of Illinois against various employers such as: Advocate Health Care; AT&T; and Chicago Public Schools; City of Chicago; Cook County; and State of Illinois. He has also represented teachers and nurses who were injured at work. While many of the injury cases that he has litigated have involved torn ligaments, cartilage, and tendons in the shoulders and knees, he also has years of experience handling cases involving disc injuries to the low back and neck. On rarer occasions, he has worked on cases involving irreparable eye and brain injuries. However, the majority of Mr. Johnson’s career has focused on obtaining compensation for the harms and losses that result as a consequence of basic safety rule violations outside of the work place. He has trial and appellate experience in personal injury cases across Illinois, many of which have involved: tractor-trailer crashes; car wrecks; motor vehicle to bicycle collisions; motor vehicle to pedestrian collisions; safety rule violations on construction sites; wrongful death; and negligent maintenance by businesses. He is currently investigating case where a work injury has taken places at Stroger Hospital; Rush University Medical Center; Uber; Raiser LLC; Lyft; Amazon Flex; Amazon; and Whole Foods Market. He is also investigating car accident cases concerning State Farm Insurance Company and Allstate. He currently works on cases in Chicago; Peoria; Bloomington; Effingham; Quincy; East St. Louis; Madison County; Granite City; and Belleville..
He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of Illinois. He obtained his J.D. with Honors at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology and his B.A. in History with Honors in the Major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Mr. Johnson is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyer’s Association, and Workers’ Compensation Law Association. Mr. Johnson is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for personal injury lawyers and Distinguished Justice Advocates - fewer than 1% of attorneys in the United States are members of these organizations. Less than 2% of attorneys in each state have received the distinction of Emerging Lawyer, which he has received since 2016.
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Institute of Technology
Graduated with honors.
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Graduated with honors.
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
Workers' Compensation Law Association
$1,800,000.00 – A driver ran through a red light and crashed into our client’s car that led to the need for spine surgery to help fix the damage done to the discs in the neck. Our client also suffered a substantial loss of income.
- $1,550,000.00 – A driver decided to go fast for conditions on a snowy road, slid out of control, and crashed into our client’s car while he was waiting for a stop light to change, which aggravated a condition in a disc that required neck surgery
- 1,050,000.00 – A semi driver was not paying attention and smashed into another tractor-trailer that was sitting on the shoulder of the highway due to engine problems near the Quad Cities. Our client underwent extensive medical treatment including surgeries to the back and shoulder.
- $1,000,000.00 – A drunk driver did not yield the right-of-way to a father, who was driving his family home from the library in Wheeling. Our client aggravated a condition in the discs in his low back that required extensive pain management and surgery
- $850,000.00 – A tractor-trailer driver was not paying attention while sharing the road with others when he rear-ended a truck during morning rush hour in Cook County, which resulted in a serious and permanent low back injury that was inoperable.
- $775,000.00 – A truck driver, who falsified his logs, fell asleep at the wheel, ran our client’s truck off the road, and caused a violent roll over resulting in a chronic low back injury that was inoperable
- $750,000.00 – A semi driver, who was going too fast for conditions on an icy parking lot, rear-ended our client while he stopped at a gas station near Joliet, which resulted in the need for neck surgery.
- $706,550.68 – A driver was looking at his coffee instead of the road and struck our client’s truck near Schaumburg resulting in the need for extensive pain management.
- $750,000.00 – A driver failed to stop at a stop sign in a residential neighborhood in Evanston and struck our client’s car resulting in back surgery.
- $680,000.00 – A pedestrian, who was shopping for his mother in Chicago, was struck in the leg by a car reversing out of a parking stall. He needed several surgeries to help fix the damage in his knee, elbow, and shoulder
- $650,000.00 – Confidential
- $650,000.00 – Confidential
- $550,000.00 – A driver was looking down at his coffee cup and struck our client’s truck near Rolling Meadows. Our client had extensive pain management.
- $475,000.00 – A drunk driver ran a red light and wrecked our client’s vehicle. At the time of the crash, our client was driving his son’s home from playing soccer in Berwyn. Our client had to have neck surgery to help fix the damage done to his discs.
- $460,000.00 – Confidential
- $407,500.00 – Our client was involved in a crash and then her vehicle was stuck by a semi. She had ICU treatment for almost 2 weeks.
- $400,000.00 – A drunk driver caused a crash which lead to a recommendation for neck surgery.
- $390,000.00 – A careless driver was not paying attention and caused a client to need back surgery in Lake County.
- $350,000.00 – A poorly trained truck driver was not following the basic safety rules for backing up a flatbed trailer when he smashed into our client’s car while she was on the way to work in Will County, resulting in the need for back surgery.
- $310,000.00 – An elderly driver caused a t-bone collision in Quincy, Illinois that aggravated a disc injury that had been painful just months before. The accident led to a disc replacement surgery
- $307,500.00 – An insurance salesman was not paying attention on the way to a meeting and rear-ended another vehicle in which Plaintiff was a passenger, resulting in surgery to fix torn cartilage in the knee.