Christopher J. Johnson
Toll Free: 800-444-1525
77 W Washington St, 20th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Christopher Johnson became a partner in 2016. He has spent a significant amount of his career obtaining compensation for the harms and losses suffered by injured workers. He has litigated across the State of Illinois against various employers such as: AT&T; Chicago Transit Authority; City of Chicago; Cook County; State of Illinois; Johnson Controls; Tyson Foods; Lowe’s; Home Depot; and Walmart. However, the majority of Mr. Johnson’s career has focused on obtaining compensation for the harms and losses that result as a consequence of basic safety rule violations outside of the work place. He has trial and appellate experience in personal injury cases across Illinois, many of which have involved: tractor-trailer crashes; car collisions; motor vehicle to bicycle collisions; motor vehicle to pedestrian collisions; safety rule violations on construction sites; wrongful death; and negligent maintenance by businesses.
He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He obtained his J.D. with Honors at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology and his B.A. in History with Honors at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Mr. Johnson is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyer’s Association, and Workers’ Compensation Law Association. Mr. Johnson is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for personal injury lawyers and Distinguished Justice Advocates - fewer than 1% of attorneys in the United States are members.
J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Institute of Technology
Graduated with honors.
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Graduated with honors.
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
Workers' Compensation Law Association
- $1,800,000.00 – A driver ran a red light and t-boned the vehicle carrying our client, which lead to the need for spine surgery to help fix the damage done to the discs our client’s neck.
- $1,550,000.00 – An AV Technician went too fast for conditions on a snowy road, slid out of control, and rear-ended our client’s car while he was stopped at a stop light. Our client required the replacement of surgical hardware and the installation of new hardware.
- $1,050,000.00 – A semi driver was not paying attention and smashed into another tractor-trailer that was sitting on the shoulder of the highway due to engine problems. Our client underwent extensive medical treatment including surgeries.
- $1,000,000.00 – A drunk driver did not yield the right-of-way to a father, who was bringing his family home from the library, which aggravated a condition that required spine surgery.
- $850,000.00 – A tractor-trailer driver was not paying attention while sharing the road with others when he rear-ended a truck during morning rush hour, which resulted in the aggravation of a non-surgical degenerative spine condition.
- $775,000.00 – A truck driver, who had falsified his logs, fell asleep at the wheel, ran another truck off the road, and caused a violent roll over resulting in a chronic spine condition that did not require surgery but required extensive pain management.
- $750,000.00 – A semi driver who was going too fast for conditions on an icy parking lot rear-ended our client while he stopped at a gas station, which resulted in neck surgery.
- $750,000.00 – A driver failed to stop at a stop sign in a residential neighborhood and struck our client’s car resulting in back surgery for a degenerative spine condition.
- $680,000.00 – A pedestrian, who was shopping for his mother, was struck in the leg by a car reversing out of a parking stall. He needed several surgeries to help fix the damage in his knee.
- $650,000.00 – Confidential
- $600,000.00 – Confidential
- $475,000.00 – A drunk driver ran a red light and t-boned another vehicle driven by a father who was bringing his sons home from playing soccer. Our client had to have spine surgery for a pre-existing neck condition.
- $460,000.00 – Confidential
- $450,000.00 – Confidential
- $350,000.00 – A truck driver was not following the basic rules for backing up a flatbed trailer when he smashed into Plaintiff’s car while she was on the way to work, resulting in back surgery.
- $307,500.00 – An insurance salesman was not paying attention on the way to a meeting and rear-ended another vehicle in which Plaintiff was a passenger, resulting in knee surgery.
- $300,000.00 – Plaintiff tripped on a dangerous condition resulting in a low back injury.
- $300,000.00 – Confidential
- $295,000.00 - A truck driver suffered a concussion and road rash due to a crash caused by a golf cart falling out of a truck on I-85 in Virginia.
- $250,000.00 – A driver was not paying attention and rear-ended Plaintiff while she was waiting to make a left-hand turn. Plaintiff had extensive pain management.
- $250,000.00 – Confidential
- $250,000.00 – A driver was in a hurry to get onto the expressway and rear-ended Plaintiff’s vehicle while stopped at a ramp meter. Plaintiff had extensive pain management.
- $250,000.00 – Confidential
- $200,000.00 - A driver was t-boned on the way to work resulting in extensive pain management.
- $200,000.00 - A bus driver was struck by another driver who wasn't paying attention resulting in extensive pain management.