The law firm of Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck offers superior legal representation in a number of practice areas including:
Workers’ Compensation—By law every business must carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect their employees if they sustain an injury or illness at work. When workers file workers’ compensation claims they are suing the insurer not their employer. Not all injuries and illnesses are covered by workers’ compensation insurance and insurers do not always settle claims fairly. Hiring an attorney ensures your rights are protected. Our firm has successfully prosecuted thousands of workers’ compensation cases. We only represent the injured worker. Many law firms are willing to represent both employers and employees. We are only willing to represent the injured worker.
Personal Injury—If someone is injured because of the intentional actions or negligence of someone else, that person may be able entitled to monetary damages. Our attorneys are experienced in handling a wide variety of personal injury cases from medical malpractice and car accidents to construction accidents.
Social Security Disability—If you cannot work because of an injury or illness that is expected to last at least a year, you may be entitled to benefits from Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Obtaining these benefits, however, can be a difficult process that often ends in denial. Our knowledgeable attorneys can represent your case before the Administrative Law Judge and help win a favorable decision.
Labor Union Disputes—Our firm represents several major labor unions, and our attorneys have been involved in some of the most significant labor disputes in the last several decades. Our experience in representing labor unions has been invaluable in helping us successfully prosecute workers’ compensation cases.
False Claims Act—Commonly known as “whistleblower” lawsuits, these cases involve individuals (Relators) who file lawsuits on behalf of the government. Under the False Claims Act, the Relator must have knowledge that the defendant has engaged in fraud against the government. A small percentage of our practice is focused on these claims.
Employee Rights Claims—We represent employees in cases that involve failure to pay overtime earnings, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) rights, sexual harassment, discrimination, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) claims.Representing Unions and Employees Nationwide
Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck is well-respected by its legal peers and is an AV-rated law firm, which marks its reputation as among the most knowledgeable and ethical attorneys in its field. Five of the labor attorneys at Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck are Illinois Super Lawyers and four of our labor attorneys are rated “Best Lawyers in America.” Our union attorney, Stan Eisenstein has been an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2005.Practice Areas
At Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck, our labor and employment attorneys focus on representing unions and employees with all facets of labor and employment law. Whether you have been denied overtime pay, been paid below minimum wage, or suffered employment discrimination, we will help your pursue your legal rights. If you are a union representative, we can advise you with the plethora of labor and employment issues that you face as you work to protect the interests of your employee members.
We also represent injured employees in workers’ compensation matters, as well as medical malpractice, wrongful death, and personal injury actions.
Our skilled labor and employment attorneys represent clients nationwide in the following types of cases:
- Union-side Representation
- FLSA Wage and hour claims
- Whistleblower and Qui Tam Claims
- Employment Discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck is well-respected by its legal peers and is an AV-rated law firm, which marks its reputation as among the most knowledgeable and ethical attorneys in its field. Five of the labor attorneys at Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck are Illinois Super Lawyers and four of our labor attorneys are rated “Best Lawyers in America.” Our union attorney, Stan Eisenstein has been an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2005.
When you work with the labor and employment law firm of Katz Friedman, Eagle, Eisenstein, Johnson & Bareck, can expect professional, personalized client service. You can expect that our labor and employment attorneys will provide you with knowledgeable, practical and straightforward legal advice. You can expect that our team of labor and employment professionals will treat you with respect, act efficiently and effectively to protect your rights, and strive to obtain the best possible outcome.
Contact our office at (312) 263-6330 to learn more about how we can help you with your labor or employment or other legal issues.
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Added Benefits for Dependents
- Aggravation of Pre-Existing Condition
- Airline Workers' Compensation Claims
- Asbestos & Chemical Exposure
- Benefits for Workers With Two Jobs
- Benefits Under the Workers' Compensation Act
- Car Accidents on the Job
- Choosing Between Workers' Compensation and Pension Benefits
- Construction Site Accidents
- Cost of Living Adjustments
- Difference Between Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Benefits
- Entitlement to Weekly Temporary Disability Benefits When Injured but Laid off
- Equipment Accidents
- Failure to pay for Approved Treatment
- Going and Coming Rule (Traveling Employees)
- Hemorrhoids and/or Varicose Providers
- How to Count to two Medical Providers
- Impact of SSDI on Workers' Compensation
- Injuries to Delivery Workers
- Injuries to Janitors and Maintenance Staff
- Insurer’s Independent Medical Exam
- Lump Sum Settlements
- Lunch Breaks
- Permanent Total Disability and Severance Packages
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- Refusing Reasonable Offer of Employment
- Repetitive Trauma Claims - The Need to Give Notice
- Restaurant and Hotel Employees
- Scaffolding Accidents
- Second Injury While on Crutches
- Slip and Fall Accidents on the Job
- Types of Workers' Compensation Injuries
- Utilization Review
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- What Insurance Companies Don't Want you to Know
- Workers' Compensation Employers We Have Successfully Sued
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals